Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/02 22:55:36 UTC

JettySolrRunner and oddly created indexes

Vague question, but I'm wondering if it rings any bells. I'm creating a
unit stress test for the opening/closing cores. It's gone pretty well
except.... Under some conditions (when I'm testing discovery-based code, so
it's something new) I'm getting a bunch of indexes created like:

index26132624tmp

that are in a strange place, i.e. not in the data dir like I expect. Index
directories are _also_ created in the data dirs.

It feels like the JettySolrRunner is somehow making decisions I don't
expect about where to create indexes, anyone got any pointers as to where?

Or is it simpler. Is there an easy way to force JettySolrRunner to be
really stupid and just use the file system?

Thanks,
Erick

Re: JettySolrRunner and oddly created indexes

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
OK, this seems to work, doing it in @BeforeClass etc., any better ways to
do this?

savedFactory = System.getProperty("solr.DirectoryFactory");