Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Greenberg, Gary" <gg...@visa.com.INVALID> on 2020/07/05 05:03:01 UTC

NB12 - debugger is not going into the method

I am trying to debug a maven project.
One of my methods returns unexpected result.
I placed a breakpoint on the line where method is called and when it stopped there, I clicked on the down arrow, planning to step into the method and see what is going on.
However, it did not go into the method, but behaved like "Step over" and moved to the next line of code.
Repeated it several times and behavior was consistent - "Step In" is not working as it should be.
I resolved my problem by putting another breakpoint inside the method, but it is not right. Back in version 8.2 it was working correctly.

Have anyone also noticed this problem?
My environment:
DELL Precision 5500
Win 10 Pro
OpenJDK 14
Netbeans 12

Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development, BI-A
E: ggreenbe@visa.com
M: 650-269-7902

[EmailSig-TaglineVersion]

RE: NB12 - debugger is not going into the method

Posted by Joao Rebelo <jo...@pchouse.pt>.
Hi, some times i have this problem in java, too.
Also  when debugging  in PHP with PHPUnit is worst, the break point is ignored and is has not exist, or stop In a line which is not the one where is the breakpoint

Posted by "Greenberg, Gary" <gg...@visa.com.INVALID>.

Posted by András Sik <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.