Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Karl Kröber <ka...@goeuro.com> on 2015/02/03 14:45:25 UTC

SS Tables Implementation

Hello Cassandra Devs,

First of all, forgive me if I break some mailing-list rules, this is the first time I’m actually writing to an open source project in this manner.

We’re interested in using the SS Tables implementation of Cassandra for fast and efficient memory mapped / in-memory data access with generic keys and values. The reason is, that we couldn’t find any other native Java implementation. Sadly, the current code is tightly interwoven with the rest of Cassandra which makes it very hard to split it apart from the rest of the project.

Do you guys have some pointers on how we could achieve this?
What classes do we need (currently I’m thinking the complete io pacakge)?
How do we separate the whole Cassandra overhead like CFMetaData and stuff like CellName?

My current implementation looks like this: https://gist.github.com/kroeber/6170be56fcbbdfb9861e <https://gist.github.com/kroeber/6170be56fcbbdfb9861e>
Sadly this doesn’t work and fails with the exception I’ve posted in comment to that gist.

Any pointers would be very helpful! Thanks for your engagement!

~Karl

Re: SS Tables Implementation

Posted by Jan Kesten <j....@enercast.de>.
Hi Karl,

what do you want to do? If you need a high performant, scaleable,
redundant in-memory data grid I think you may be better off using
Hazelcast, which is available as enterprise grade and open source software.

To rather short describe what it does, Hazelcast provides distributed
collections compatible to java.util.Collections. There are also
executors, replication and so on. Of course there is many more to say
about it, but if you have a question just ask.

http://hazelcast.org/

I wrote this off-list as I think this is something off-topic.

Hope to help,
Jan

--
i.A. Jan Kesten Systemadministration enercast GmbH Friedrich - Ebert -
Straße 104 D–34119 Kassel Tel.: +49 561 / 4739664-0 Fax:
(+49)561/4739664-9 mailto: j.kesten@enercast.de http://www.enercast.de
AG Kassel HRB 15471 Thomas Landgraf Geschäftsführer
t.landgraf@enercast.de Tel.: (+49)561/4739664-0 FAX: -9 Mobil:
(+49)172/6565087 enercast GmbH Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 104 D-34119 Kassel
HRB15471 http://www.enercast.de Online-Prognosen für erneuerbare
Energien Geschäftsführung: Thomas Landgraf (CEO), Bernd Kratz (CTO),
Philipp Rinder (CSO) Diese E-Mail und etwaige Anhänge können
vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen enthalten.
Falls Sie nicht der angegebene Empfänger sind oder falls diese E-Mail
irrtümlich an Sie adressiert wurde, benachrichtigen Sie uns bitte sofort
durch Antwort-E-Mail und löschen Sie diese E-Mail nebst etwaigen Anlagen
von Ihrem System. Ebenso dürfen Sie diese E-Mail oder ihre Anlagen nicht
kopieren oder an Dritte weitergeben. Vielen Dank. This e-mail and any
attachment may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the named addressee or if this transmission has been
addressed to you in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail
and then delete this e-mail and any attachment from your system. Please
understand that you must not copy this e-mail or any attachment or
disclose the contents to any other person. Thank you for your cooperation.