Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2004/02/24 15:57:41 UTC

[meta] code security permission notes

In relation to the code security development - we need to be able to
pull in the permissions requested by a component type in order to access
the deployability of the component within a containment environment
already subject to permission constraints.

I'm going to start on a PermissionDescriptor for addition to the
avalon-meta/info package that will correspond with the
PermissionDirective that already exists in the composition package. The
approach I'm thinking of taking for the tag is as follows:

   @avalon.permission
      type="[required-classname]"
      name="[optional-name]"
      actions="[optional-comma-sep-sequence-of-actions]

For example:

   @avalon.permission
      type="java.io.FilePermission"
      name="${avalon.dir}"