Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Shah.Abhishek" <en...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/30 13:09:45 UTC

Error while initializing repository!

Two of my applications are accessing the same jackrabbit repository. Master
application is using the repository by accessing RespositoryImpl instance
and is located on the same server. This repository instance is exposed via
RMI and is accessed by the batch-client application.

When I shutdown the applications and try to restart it, I get below stated
exception and it is resolved only when I delete the repository!!
Caused by: ERROR 25502: An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only
connection, user or database.
        at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericAuthorizer.authorize(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.exe.ace0b94027x0143x431fx800cx000045e9d4a01.g0(Unknown
Source)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.reflect.ReflectMethod.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CallStatementResultSet.open(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
        ... 40 more
Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Cannot instantiate persistence
manager org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1353)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.access$300(RepositoryImpl.java:124)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.doInitialize(RepositoryImpl.java:2019)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.initialize(RepositoryImpl.java:2002)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces(RepositoryImpl.java:517)

Can you please tell me the cause of the above error?

Repository configuration is the same as the default configuration which
comes with the Jackrabbit jar (version 2.4.2)

The order in which I close the application is:
1) save the session
2) unbind the repository from RMI
3) shutdown the repository
4) close the client application