Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Scott Frazier <sw...@swf.com> on 2007/05/14 05:32:59 UTC

Problem negotiating wire format on second connection

Hi,
	I've run into an interesting problem and was wondering if anyone  can
provide any insight.  I have a linux box running ActiveMQ 4.1.1 with the
stock config.  When I attempt to run the consumer and producer examples,
the first application to connect to the broker succeeds.  The second
application fails to connect and complains about a timeout while
negotiating the wire format.  I run the exact same example code on
MacOSX and it works fine.

	Has anyone else ever seen this type of behavior?  I appreciate any
pointers you folks can offer.
					Thanks,
						S.

The gripe I saw in the broker output was thus:

ERROR TransportConnector - Could not accept connection from /192.168
                                   .123.154:3559: java.io.IOException:
Wire format negociation timeout: peer did not send his wire format.
java.io.IOException: Wire format negociation timeout: peer did not send
his wire format.
         at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatN
                                    egotiator.java:88)
         at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.ja
                                    va:47)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.dispatch(TransportConn
                                    ection.java:1138)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processDispatch(Transp
                                    ortConnection.java:805)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.start(TransportConnect
                                    ion.java:885)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector$1.onAccept(TransportCon
                                    nector.java:148)
         at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportServer.run(TcpTransport
                                    Server.java:167)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)