Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2008/10/10 17:53:04 UTC

Flushing the bundle cache

I just committed and deployed new snapshot that include support for
flushing the bundle cache. See the issue for more details:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-755

-> richard

Re: Flushing the bundle cache

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Sahoo wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Thanks for making the change. Lot of us can get rid of the script we
> had to remove the cache. About the property called
> "org.osgi.framework.storage.clean" that you introduced, should we not
> have used Felix namespace for the property name as opposed to
> org.osgi.framework to make it clear that it is a Felix specific property?

Good question. This work is based on RFC 132 (see the early draft spec),
which means that it will hopefully become spec. However, the downside is
that it is still evolving so it is possible that these property names
and/or other details will change slightly as the RFC evolves.

So early adopters may have to deal with future changes, but hopefully
the tradeoff on getting early experience with the features is worth it.
In the end, if it doesn't become spec, then we would have to change it
to something else.

-> richard

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
Richard,