Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ray Thomas <rt...@my-deja.com> on 2001/02/10 21:28:44 UTC

Name of Apache "handler" for mod_jk

I had Apache WebServer mapping requests for Servlets to
jakarta-tomcat based on a url ending in "Servlet" with a LocationMatch
directive in the Apache configuration containing SetHandler
jserv-servlet and matching (.*)Servlet$ (i.e. a reg/ex matching anything
ending in Servlet).  I am trying to switch to mod_jk but the JkMount
directive doesn't honor the same regular expression patterns so I
still need to use the LocationMatch directive.  I have looked for the
corresponding "handler" name that gets registered with apache when
mod_jk is loaded, but can't seem to find any mention of it anywhere.

Does anyone know what took the place of the jserv-servlet handler in
mod_jk?  I would expect it to be jk-servlet or something like that but
that doesn't seem to work.

-Thanks

-R

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/

Re: Name of Apache "handler" for mod_jk

Posted by Filip Hanik <fi...@filip.net>.
take a look at workers.properties

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik
Software Architect
filip@filip.net
www.filip.net

Posted by Rick Roberts <to...@ait-web.com>.
I just got mod_jk up and running.
It took a few tries but it tuns out that it's just like the docs say it
should be.

I am running on RedHat 6.2 with Apache 1.3.12 and Tomcat 3.2.1.

It took me at least 3 times to go through the docs.  E X A C T L Y !!
But it works great now.

I am also using ajp13.  Beautiful!!!

Let me know exactly where you are and I will try to help.

Rick

Re: Name of Apache "handler" for mod_jk

Posted by aras <st...@stevearas.com>.
Ray Thomas wrote:

> I had Apache WebServer mapping requests for Servlets to
> jakarta-tomcat based on a url ending in "Servlet" with a LocationMatch
> directive in the Apache configuration containing SetHandler
> jserv-servlet and matching (.*)Servlet$ (i.e. a reg/ex matching anything
> ending in Servlet).  I am trying to switch to mod_jk but the JkMount
> directive doesn't honor the same regular expression patterns so I
> still need to use the LocationMatch directive.  I have looked for the
> corresponding "handler" name that gets registered with apache when
> mod_jk is loaded, but can't seem to find any mention of it anywhere.
>
> Does anyone know what took the place of the jserv-servlet handler in
> mod_jk?  I would expect it to be jk-servlet or something like that but
> that doesn't seem to work.
>
> -Thanks
>
> -R

Ray,  Sorry I can't help you.  I was actually hoping you could help me.
I'm also trying to get mod_jk working.  I can't seem to get anywhere.  I
*think* I'm getting TomCat started but I really don't even know how to
check in with the samples to see if it's working.  I wish there was a user
group.  I think if I had a chance to listen and ask a boatload of
questions, I could get this thing fired up.    Anyway did you get any of
the samples working with mod_jk.  If so, what.  and anything wierd (not in
the docs)