Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Guo <co...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/09 22:21:52 UTC

fo->pdf header content and alternative headers

Several books uses and talked about alternative headers (footers) for odd and even pages, in the context of FOP. I have two questions:1. Maybe a dumb questionSince the content of the header is specified by,<fo:static-content> elementdoes it mean the content cannot be 'dynamic'?, such as pulling from the <chapter_title> element?If it cannot be 'dynamic', then I guess it has to be hard-coded? 2. Many books use alternative heading on odd and even pages. It is easy to have alternative positioning of headers using<fo:simple-page-master>, but I did not find a way to change the content of headers? Is there a way to specify which header to use for:<fo:conditional-page-master-reference>? thanks all Steve

Re: fo->pdf header content and alternative headers

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Steve Guo wrote:
> Several books uses and talked about alternative headers (footers) for odd and
> even pages, in the context of FOP. I have two questions:1. Maybe a dumb
> questionSince the content of the header is specified by,<fo:static-content>
> elementdoes it mean the content cannot be 'dynamic'?, such as pulling from
> the <chapter_title> element?

Look up markers and retrieve-marker:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_marker
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_retrieve-marker

>  2. Many books use alternative heading on odd and even pages.
> It is easy to have alternative positioning of headers
> using<fo:simple-page-master>, but I did not find a way to change the content
> of headers? Is there a way to specify which header to use
> for:<fo:conditional-page-master-reference>?

Yes. This is a FAQ:
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-oddeven

BTW check your mail client settings, it grossly misformats
the message (and turn off HTML if possible).

J.Pietschmann