Posted to users@maven.apache.org by franz see <fr...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 03:11:22 UTC

Re: [m2] maven embedder

Good day to you, Dmitry,

AFAIK, It should be enough to add the maven-embedder artifact to your pom's
dependencies for it to run. Why, what error are you getting?

Cheers,
Franz

Re: [m2] maven embedder

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com>.
On 2/14/07, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> On the IDEA side the Maven Reloaded Plugin by Brian Kate, and
> the Maven 2.x Integration by Ralf Quebbemann. I am also working on
> this in addition to the embedder as it's the IDE I use.

Thanks!  I didn't see the Reloaded plugin when I did the initial
search.  Sounds like it's exactly what I wanted to do.

Re: [m2] maven embedder

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 15 Feb 07, at 1:32 AM 15 Feb 07, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> On 2/15/07, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
>
>> live. That's where we're planning the official IDE integration for
>> Maven.
>
> What about M2Eclipse?

What about it? I work on that too and that's what we're planning on
moving to Mevenide.

> You call this "official"?

Yes, given it's the first and there isn't anything else.

Jason.

Re: [m2] maven embedder

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 2/15/07, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:

> live. That's where we're planning the official IDE integration for
> Maven.

What about M2Eclipse? You call this "official"?

--
How fast can a year go? As fast as your childs first year.

Re: [m2] maven embedder

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 13 Feb 07, at 11:05 PM 13 Feb 07, Dmitry Beransky wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Thanks.  That worked great, however I ran into another problem.  I'm
> using embedder to write an IntelliJ IDEA plugin and IDEA insists on
> using it's own JDOM library.  See this discussion for reference:

You might want to join the effort where the two fellows who were
writing IDEA integration have merged their efforts at the Mevenide
project where IDEA, Netbeans and soon the Eclipse integration will
live. That's where we're planning the official IDE integration for
Maven. On the IDEA side the Maven Reloaded Plugin by Brian Kate, and
the Maven 2.x Integration by Ralf Quebbemann. I am also working on
this in addition to the embedder as it's the IDE I use.

> http://intellij.net/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=3441989

This is really because that embedder is an assembly where everything
is packed together if I deploy 2.1-SNAPSHOTs of everything you could
use the pieces individually and swap in your own version.

> I was able to work around the problem temporarily by removing all JDOM
> classes from the embedder jar.  I'm hoping for a more permanent
> solution, though.  Is that possible?

You don't need to use the embedder assembly, or in the future I would
like to mangle the 3rd party libraries using Torsten Curdt's minijar
plugin which will hide JDOM from you.

Jason.

Re: [m2] maven embedder

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com>.
Jason,

Re: [m2] maven embedder

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Re: [m2] maven embedder

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Dmitry,

You may want to take a look at your dependency tree ( do mvn
project-info-reports:dependencies then go to target\site\dependencies.html )
and search for what version of plexus-utils your project is using.

I checked the dependency tree of org.apache.maven:maven-embedder:2.0.4 ( see
[1] ), and it's using org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:1.1.

If according to your dependency tree, you are not using that plexus version,
you may want to declare org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:1.1 as a direct
dependency of your maven project ( ensuring that maven will get that version
of plexus-utils instead of relying on the version it will from its
transitive dependencies ).

Cheers,
Franz

[1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.4/maven-embedder/dependencies.html