Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Wadsworth, Eric (Contractor)" <wa...@fhu.disa.mil> on 2003/12/12 17:37:25 UTC

Trying to find an old file in my repositroy.

Hi,

Somewhere, deep in the misty dark ages of my repository, there is a
particular file I'm trying to find. I'm sure it's been moved a dozen times.
What's the best way to find such a thing? Right now I'm checking out version
after version, looking for it.

Thanks! --- Eric

****
**** --- Eric Wadsworth, 520-533-2749
****

Re: Trying to find an old file in my repositroy.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 11:37, Wadsworth, Eric (Contractor) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Somewhere, deep in the misty dark ages of my repository, there is a
> particular file I'm trying to find. I'm sure it's been moved a dozen times.
> What's the best way to find such a thing? Right now I'm checking out version
> after version, looking for it.

Repeated checkouts?!?!  Ahhh, stop that!  That's what 'svn log -v' is
for!

Brute force:  run 'svn log -v' on the root URL of your repository.  Save
the output.  Then grep for all deleted files ("D  /some/path").  If it
were me, I'd just do an incremental search in emacs.