Posted to user@ant.apache.org by shreedhar natarajan <sh...@ami.com> on 2006/01/10 01:45:51 UTC

Reading properties

hi all,

One of my property file has key/values such as

path=something\usb

When I read this property like

<property file="${build_dir}/myvalues.properties" />

ant throws an exception, C:\mydir\build.xml:35: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.

I understand that it interprets \u in usb as unicode char. how to over come this?

I tried to use a filter to change "\" to "\\"

<filter token="\" value="\\"/>
<copy file="${build_dir}/myvalues.properties" filtering="true" tofile="${build_dir}/myvalues1.properties" overwrite="true">
</copy>

It does not seem to work. What could be the problem ?

Bst rgds
Shreedhar

Re: Reading properties

Posted by Neil Benn <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

           I had a simialr problem to this, if you cannot switch \ to / (I
had a problem that I needed to replace a path whihc became a commadn line).
I ended up having to put four \ to replace one \.  This ended up being two
for java and two for a regex although you are not using regexs - give that a
go.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Reading properties

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, shreedhar natarajan <sh...@ami.com> wrote:

> One of my property file has key/values such as
>
> path=something\usb

<snip/>

> I understand that it interprets \u in usb as unicode char.

Yes.

> I tried to use a filter to change "\" to "\\"
>
> <filter token="\" value="\\"/> <copy
> file="${build_dir}/myvalues.properties" filtering="true"
> tofile="${build_dir}/myvalues1.properties" overwrite="true"> </copy>
>
> It does not seem to work. What could be the problem ?

That filtering doesn't work as you expect.  Have you checked that
myvalues1.properties has all the backslashes replaced?

filtering works on delimited token, which you don't have in your
properties file.  You want to use a <replace> task instead.

Stefan

RE: Reading properties

Posted by bill/wilandra <bi...@wilandra.com>.
Try changing the \ to / in the file.