Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Frank Renaers <Fr...@ikan.be> on 2003/12/03 10:37:23 UTC

Upgrade form 0.9.5 to 1.0rc4 : foreign key problem

Hi,

I upgraded from ojb0.9.5 to 1.0 rc4.
Some of my unit tests fail because sometimes foreign key values (1 - N relationship) are not stored :

Example :
-------------------------
            // Create productgroup
            ProductGroup pg = new ProductGroupBean();
            pg.setGroupName("TESTPRODUCTGROUP");
            pg.setGroupDescription("DESCRIPTION");
            broker.store(pg);

            // Create 2 articles for this productgroup
            for (int j = 1; j <= 2; j++) {
                Article ar = new ArticleBean();
                ar.setArticleName("ARTICLE " + j);
                ar.setProductGroupId(pg.getGroupId());  -------> NOT stored in the database
                broker.store(ar);
            }

Is this a bug ?

Thanks,

Frank Renaers

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Brian McCallister wrote:

> I'd like to paint at least a fuzzy picture of what is expected in the
> near and middling future =) What is on the roadmap still for 1.0rc5
> (1.0) and 1.1?
>
> 1.0 *should* just be bug fixes at this point. In which case, what bugs
> are still outstanding?
>
> There are 33 new/open/reopened bugs in Scarab for OB, some of them
> pretty old. I also know that not everyone uses Scarab and I don't know
> the state of many of the bugs. Some look like have been fixed over a
> year ago!
>
> I would still like to try to get 1.0 out this month -- that means at a
> minimum pushing rc5 pretty soon.
>
> ---
>
> What are we looking to do for 1.1?
>
> I think "native" JDO support should be in it, what else?

* some restructuring would be nice ... e.g. move the reversedb stuff to
it's own src dir and jar
* use jakarta-commons packages (e.g. logging and configuration)
* i'm playing with oracle spatial at the moment ... not sure if there is
a way to support stuff like this .. but it would be nice ;-)

martin

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi brian,

in 1.1 we should allow mixing of mapping strategies and support a real
mapping of one class to multiple tables.

jakob

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?OJBProjectPages/
OJBOnePointOne

Put the page in the OJBProjectPages namespace

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Collecting the feedback thus far

> I think "native" JDO support should be in it
> - out-of-the-box support for storing primitive types.
> - Better support for all kind of Java Collections and Maps.
> - completing the Pevayler based PB implementation.
> - clear separation of API and SPI parts. In the ATM we this already,
> having it in the other layers as well ease the maintenance process, as
> OJB developers we'll immediately see which parts can be changed
> without changing parts of the API.
> - in 1.1 we should allow mixing of mapping strategies and support a
> real mapping of one class to multiple tables.
> - some restructuring would be nice ... e.g. move the reversedb stuff
> to it's own src dir and jar
> - use jakarta-commons packages (e.g. logging and configuration)
> - i'm playing with oracle spatial at the moment ... not sure if there
> is a way to support stuff like this .. but it would be nice ;-)

I created a page on the ApacheWiki and would like to start using it
more for keeping track of what is happening etc -- wikis are great
organic documentation =)

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?OjbOnePointOne

-Brian

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
I forgot one important point:

<snip>

> I'd like to see
> - out-of-the-box support for storing primitive types.
> - Better support for all kind of Java Collections and Maps.
> - completing the Pevayler based PB implementation.
- clear separation of API and SPI parts. In the ATM we this already,
having it in the other layers as well ease the maintenance process, as
OJB developers we'll immediately see which parts can be changed without
changing parts of the API.

- Thomas

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Brian,

Brian McCallister wrote:
> I'd like to paint at least a fuzzy picture of what is expected in the
> near and middling future =) What is on the roadmap still for 1.0rc5
> (1.0) and 1.1?
>
> 1.0 *should* just be bug fixes at this point.

+1 !

> In which case, what bugs
> are still outstanding?

I want to fix a promblem with the jdori plugin regarding the assingment
of StateManager to objects loaded by queries.

> There are 33 new/open/reopened bugs in Scarab for OB, some of them
> pretty old. I also know that not everyone uses Scarab and I don't know
> the state of many of the bugs. Some look like have been fixed over a
> year ago!

yep, we should have a walk through the scarab list to make sure we
didn't miss something serious. But IMO we are in pretty good shape for
an RC5/1.0 release.

> I would still like to try to get 1.0 out this month -- that means at a
> minimum pushing rc5 pretty soon.

Yes, let's push it a bit. I'd like to get RC5 out by Dec. 14th.
So all relevant changes should be checked in by the 13th.

Roadmap