Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2010/05/04 06:24:00 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum 1.4.0 (Beta)

ping...

(BTW, I'm holding off promoting the parent POM that passed its vote so that I can just do these together if it passes)

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum 1.4.0 (Beta)

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
+1

Tested and verified the following:
- checksums for the binaries and sources are correct
- signatures were verified
- add and build projects using parallel builds
- building projects using distributed builds

I've also filed an additional improvement in the docs:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-2518

BTW, the partial implementation of CONTINUUM-2188 in 1.4.0 beta introduces a
new field (Update Policy) in the Build Definition form. Someone might wonder
(like me) what the new field is for, which isn't documented yet, so maybe we
could note this down in the release announcement or somewhere in the
continuum site?

Thanks,
Deng

Posted by "Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano" <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tested the following both in parallel and distributed builds setup:
* forced and scheduled builds
* release prepare and perform of single module project

Brett Porter wrote:
> ping...
>
> (BTW, I'm holding off promoting the parent POM that passed its vote so that I can just do these together if it passes)
>
> On 29/04/2010, at 10:18 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> The Continuum 1.4.0 release candidate has been staged. I'm proposing this as a Beta release.
>>
>> This release includes 38 fixes.
>> http://people.apache.org/~brett/staging-sites/continuum/1.4.0/release-notes.html
>>
>> The whole site is staged here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~brett/staging-sites/continuum/1.4.0/
>>
>> The binaries and source bundles are here:
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.4.0/
>>
>> You can also take a look at the complete staging repository here:
>> http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/staged-continuum/
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release it!
>> [ ] 0
>> [ ] -1 Don't release it, because...