Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tim Arney <ta...@eng.uts.edu.au> on 2005/03/10 05:27:06 UTC

Configuring on QNX

Hi,

I'm in the midst of porting a project of mine which uses xerces-c to QNX, but
have run into a problem.  I found no formal mention of QNX on the website or
binaries for this OS unfortunately, so I started to build from source with the
intention of introducing my own platform-dependent code.  I noticed however
that this already exists for QNX, and the runConfigure script knows about it.
So after setting up the XERCESCROOT environment variable I ran from
$XERCESCROOT/src/xercesc:

$ ./runConfigure -pqnx -ccc -xCC

which for the most part seemed fine, except the generated Makefile's were blank,
presumably due to a whole bunch of messages like this during configure:

creating Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 8: Unterminated `s' command

I couldn't find anything in the xerces-c mailing list related to this, but
googling revealed a lot of similar problems elsewhere.  I couldn't seem to
apply the solutions to my own problem however.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Tim

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If

Re: Configuring on QNX

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi Tim,

	I can't help you directly with this problem, however I can tell you
that we are moving over to a standard conifgure/make/make install
system. If you have experience in QNX then you could lend a  hand to
making sure it does build :) We are moving ahead with this at the
moment.

Gareth

On 10 Mar 2005, at 4:27, Tim Arney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in the midst of porting a project of mine which uses xerces-c to
> QNX, but
> have run into a problem.  I found no formal mention of QNX on the
> website or
> binaries for this OS unfortunately, so I started to build from source
> with the
> intention of introducing my own platform-dependent code.  I noticed
> however
> that this already exists for QNX, and the runConfigure script knows
> about it.
> So after setting up the XERCESCROOT environment variable I ran from
> $XERCESCROOT/src/xercesc:
>
> $ ./runConfigure -pqnx -ccc -xCC
>
> which for the most part seemed fine, except the generated Makefile's
> were blank,
> presumably due to a whole bunch of messages like this during configure:
>
> creating Makefile
> sed: file conftest.s1 line 8: Unterminated `s' command
>
> I couldn't find anything in the xerces-c mailing list related to this,
> but
> googling revealed a lot of similar problems elsewhere.  I couldn't
> seem to
> apply the solutions to my own problem however.  Any help would be
> greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> --
> UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
> DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may
> contain
> confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do
> not
> read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
> attachments.  If
> you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
> immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this
> message
> are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
> and
> with authority, states them to be the views the University of
> Technology,
> Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses
> and
> defects.

Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                  http://www.parthcomp.com