Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by sabeen raza <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/28 16:23:47 UTC

help needed

Please help me i want to add users to a database while
i adduser using telnet please give suggestions
even if it seems like the stupid question please
answer

Re: help needed

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
sabeen raza wrote:

> Please help me i want to add users to a database while
> i adduser using telnet please give suggestions
> even if it seems like the stupid question please
> answer

This is not a stupid question because it is not a question at all. What
do you want to know?

If you are using UsersJDBCRepository and the current code from CVS then:
1) telnet to the machine where James is running;
2) Login with the id and password specified in your config.xml file
3) Type 'help'
4) Follow instructions.

AFAIK this also works with the UserTownRepository in James 1.2.1, but I
never used that.

Charles