Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simon Côté <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2009/03/13 20:00:53 UTC

Axis2 firsts steps

Hi,
I'm sorry to write you, but at this point you are my last hope.  I'm a newbe in the WS world.  A collegue have suggest me to use your product Axis2 for easily create wsdl code from my Java class.  I'm trying to go through the installation guide.  I don't have a real server, so I have installed the Axis2 standalone installation.  I'm at point that I should install Axis2 in a Servlet Container.  There my first question:

1)  Do we consider the axis2 installation like a Servlet Container?  Do I to put the axis2.war file just created in the webapp folder of my Axis2 installation folder?

The problem at the base of me email is that I don't have the "Axis web application home page".  After have called the axis2server.bat executable, I try to reach the home page by the url "http://localhost:8080/axis2", by I'm instantly redirected to the page "http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/"  ??

Thanks for any explication,

Have a nice day

Simon

Re: Axis2 firsts steps

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

You could also try out the WSO2 Web Services Application Server [1]. It is a
server built to host Web Services and is built on top of Axis2. It is free
and open source and available under the Apache License. It can be run
standalone and has a easy to use management console.

Thanks,
Keith.

[1] http://wso2.org/projects/wsas

--
Keith Chapman
Senior Software Engineer

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org

Re: Axis2 firsts steps

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

You have several ways to deploy your Axis2 web services.

 1. if you going to use axis2.war distribution , you need to deploy it
on a app server like Tomcat ,then you can use axis2 management console
to deploy your new services.

2. If you have download the axis2 standard binary distribution you
don't need any extra server  to test your services , when you execute
axis2server.bat Axis2's SimpleHTTPServer will run and there is no page
in  "http://localhost:8080/axis2"  URL,
"http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/ "  is the default page of
SimpleHTTPServer . It will list all of your services, so you already
in the right track .

[1] is a relay good resources to get start with Axis2 development ,
try to follow that tutorial , but i like to add small modification to
that tutorial . I guess you are on latest version of Axis2 if so in
"Step 4" of that tutorial you don't  required to create a separate
repository you can use the default repository available with standard
version , once you have your SimpleService.aar created , just put it
in to the "[axis2-1.4.1xxx]\repository\services" directory and execute
axis2server.bat to deeply your services.

[1] - http://wso2.org/library/95

Thanks ,

--
Sagara Gunathunga