Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by 624238814 <62...@qq.com> on 2013/11/25 03:15:24 UTC

How to add new service in deployed hosts

Hi All,

I deployed several service on the ambari for example HDFS, but I forgot to deploy HBase.
And I want to add the HBase now, but I didn't find how to add HBase on the deployed hosts.

Thanks.

Xinsheng.

2013-11-25

624238814

Using Ambari to monitor existing cluster

Posted by Gopinath Rebala <go...@onetouchsys.com>.
We would like to use Ambari to manage existing Hadoop cluster, more for monitoring rather than service management. I was told that there are some manual configurations that can be done to get Ambari to manage/monitor the cluster.

We have a 10 node and a 50 node clusters running CDH3. Would like to get the 10 node cluster working with Ambari first if with some small effort that can be achieved. Are there steps that are documented for this process?

Thanks,
Gopinath

Re: How to add new service in deployed hosts

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Xinsheng,

Adding a service using the Ambari Web UI is currently under development and
should be a part of the next release. You can use the API to add a service,
the only challenge is to figure out the right configurations. You can look
for default configurations in the stack definition
(/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/services/HBASE/configurations).

Here is link on how to add a service,

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Adding+a+New+Service+to+an+Existing+Cluster

Best Regards,
Sid