Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Andrew Timberlake <an...@ddd.co.za> on 2002/03/28 10:28:42 UTC

Remote delivery error

I have one client who's SMTP server which is fairly busy, this results
in it being unavailable to collect mail at certain times.

If I send a mail during a period where it is not accepting a connection,
I get a reply from James letting me know that it was unable to connect,
I would assume that based on the config snippet below that it would wait
and try again but this does not seem to be the case.

I am using a version built from CVS about 2-3 days ago.

Thanks for any help.

<mailet match="All" class="RemoteDelivery">
	<outgoing> file://var/mail/outgoing/ </outgoing>
	<!-- <outgoing> db://conf/mail-outgoing.properties </outgoing> -->
	<!-- Number of milliseconds between delivery attempts -->
	<delayTime> 21600000 </delayTime>
	<!-- Number of failed attempts before returning to the sender -->
	<maxRetries> 5 </maxRetries>
	<!-- The number of threads that should be trying to deliver outgoing
messages -->
	<deliveryThreads>5</deliveryThreads>
</mailet>

--
Andrew Timberlake
Digital Design Development

"If debugging is the process of removing bugs,
then programming must be the process of putting them in."

Re: Matchers..

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Oh, they're just collecting dust on my desktop at home.  I was going to
take what was sent to the list and rework a bit, but I forget why.
They're not really that hard to create once you decide on a regex
package.  Feel free to implement away if you need them in the near-term.
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

Matchers..

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Hi,

Re: Remote delivery error

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
The remote delivery code has some logic in it that determines whether
it's a permanent or temporary delivery failure.  I was actually working
on this last night because certain temporary failures (such as the
connect problems you're describing) are incorrectly getting classified
as permanent.  I'll send around a note once I've applied the patch.
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

Re: Remote delivery error

Posted by solar solar <so...@yahoo.com>.
How can I create a new user in James ?

Thanks

Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�