Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/25 20:49:43 UTC

[Axis2] Modules for databinding

Hi guys,
I hope you guys remember we had some discussion about how databinding
frameworks should  be handled and we came to a conclusion that every
databinding framework should go into a new module (and invoked by
reflection through the relevant databinding extension). Following this
philosophy ADB, JibX and XMLBeans have been moved to seperate modules.
However I see that some of the databinding frameworks such as jaxme
and Jaxb are still in the old style. This I think needs to be
corrected (after the current pending release ofcourse :) which means
the changes would go into the trunk after the merge)
I do see a small disadvantage though. It increases the number of
modules! I'm not sure how a zillion modules will look in the eyes of
others :)

Any thoughts of how we go about doing this ?

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Modules for databinding

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hmm... Good point :)

Branch was merged back to the trunk soon after the 1.1 release. But
still the fixes done after 1.1.1 were not merged back.  Let's wait
till we are fully done, since we are not in a hurry..

~Thilina

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thilina,

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.