Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2006/03/20 12:48:53 UTC

[Axis2] Release plan

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> I know the exact problem and we are planning to address it. We have
> already planned the major components (such as axiom and policy) to be
> released before the 1.0. These components are fairly stable and can be
> released without a problem.
> So it's going to be based on some standard versions rather than snapshots

that's great!

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
Where do i find the Maven 1.1 release?
On maven.apache.org i only see Maven 1.1 Beta 2?
And will the Axis2 build be based on Maven 2? 8-)

Greetings

Franz

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> What is the dependency we have on maven snapshots ?  ;-)
> And maven released 1.1 and even 2.0 long time back.

I updated the dependency settings last week to the main releases of stuff.

one funny is that there is an XmlSchema1.0 in the m2 repository, but not
the maven1 one; somebody needs to push for that.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Most definitely +1! Axis2 is now ready for prime time .. and we need
> much wider user feedback to make it move to the next level. We won't get
> that until we release 1.0.
>
> I propose we change 0.96 below to the label 1.0RC to signal to everyone
> that this is our planned 1.0 release. That will get more attention IMO.
>
> Sanjiva.

One caveat. Once you get to 1.0, you are making some promise of stability.

I am still trying to get code that worked with 0.93 working on 0.95
snapshot, it looks like the dynamic classloading stuff is using the
wrong classloader. that's the price of being bleeding edge, and once I
check in the extra diagnostics everyone will benefit.

But once you go to 1.0, you are committing to keep things stable, both
in signature and semantics, or risk alienating a larger audience.

-steve

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Ok I volunteer to do it :)

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com>.
Ok thanks. Actually its fine if it doesn't get in 0.95 if I know it will
get in later. I've created a new JIRA, AXIS2-507, so its not forgotten.

       ...ant

Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 21/03/2006 01:40:47

Please respond to axis-dev@ws.apache.org

To:    axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc:
Subject:    Re: [Axis2] Release plan

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-axis-dev/200603.mbox/%3cOF68F5FB94.1B30D7D1-ON80257135.00382A59-80257135.003

> C4493@uk.ibm.com%3e

I'm not sure whether its too late for 0.95 now but absolutely +1 for
going forward. Anyway if possilbe let's do it immediately; its a fairly
trivial case!

Sanjiva.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] Release plan

Posted by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com>.
Could a createClientSideAxisService method be added to AxisService that
uses a WSDL Definition object  for 0.95?

See:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-axis-dev/200603.mbox/%3cOF68F5FB94.1B30D7D1-ON80257135.00382A59-80257135.003
C4493@uk.ibm.com%3e

       ...ant