Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alan Morgan <Al...@mtdmarketing.com> on 2007/10/17 19:45:10 UTC

We need help with error messages

Hi,

We use SPAM Assassin in Silverpop.  We have been having a tough time with
the messages and results after running SPAM A.  Can someone help?  We want a
guide of definitions.

The latest we got is >> 2.2  REMOVE_BEFORE_LINK     BODY: Removal phrase
right before a link

Thanks,

Alan D Morgan
MTD Marketing Inc

Re: We need help with error messages

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
Quoting Alan Morgan <Al...@mtdmarketing.com>:

> Hi,
>
> We use SPAM Assassin in Silverpop.  We have been having a tough time with
> the messages and results after running SPAM A.  Can someone help?  We want a
> guide of definitions.
>
> The latest we got is >> 2.2  REMOVE_BEFORE_LINK     BODY: Removal phrase
> right before a link
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan D Morgan
> MTD Marketing Inc

The meaning of the rules is not always obvious, sometimes deliberately so.

That said, since Silverpop is in the bulk commercial email business, it may be
appropriate for it to hire SpamAssassin consultants to answer these kinds of
questions.  Many good ones can be found here.

What efforts does Silverpop make to be a contributor to the open source or mail
filtering community?  Does it donate any funding or resources to the Apache
Foundation for example?

Jeff C.