Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Raghav Agarwal <ra...@directi.com> on 2011/06/07 12:43:53 UTC

reasons for UnknownHostException

I am using HttpClient in my application.

I have configured ThreadSafeClientConnManager in the HttpClient and have
a pool of connections to a host.
On those connections everything was running fine(i mean request/response
processing) but at some point of time i statrted getting
UnknownHostException for the same host for which the requests were being
served.

I am a bit puzzled at the exception and want to know what could be the
possible reasons.
could it be that the connection in the pool is no more a valid and if
the application uses that connection for a request it gets
UnknownHostException?
could it be some DNS issue?
I wud be greatful if anyone can shed some light on the issue.

Re: reasons for UnknownHostException

Posted by Raghav Agarwal <ra...@directi.com>.
I am using:
http client 4.1-alpha