Posted to general@db.apache.org by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org> on 2003/03/13 03:07:22 UTC

[ann] db-commons open for business

* the db-commons CVS repository has been created

* a basic site-generating script and xdocs have been added there

* this basic site has been generated and published to
<http://db.apache.org/commons/>

* assuming this mail goes out OK, the commons-user@db and commons-dev@db
mailing lists have also been set up

Future db-commons discussion should probably move to the dev and/or user
lists. (Unless I don't get this message back via those lists, in which
case I'll bring it up again here on general.)

Thanks to Jason and Sam for their infrastructure support.

Re: [ann] db-commons open for business

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, James Strachan wrote:

> It could be up to a project to decide if the documentation should be CVS
> HEAD or a fixed release or both.

Right, the reactor build is just running "maven site" and publishing it.
(Well, it's doing a bit more than that, but as far as the
subproject/component specific web dirs are concerned, it's whatever
"maven site" generates.)  What the subproject/component chooses to do in
response to that goal is as flexible as ever.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Jason van Zyl" <ja...@zenplex.com>

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: [ann] db-commons open for business

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: [ann] db-commons open for business

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 02:18 AM, Rodney Waldhoff wrote:

> Cool, I was just getting ready to ask about that.
>
> My hope is to set up the db-commons components under this same scheme, so
> that the site-generation will propogate all the way down.
>
> It'd be cooler still to cron this, has anyone attempted that?

(if i understand correctly) i think that this kind of things has been
chewed over before on various infrastructure-related apache lists.

IIRC the consensus from the infrastructure related people was that things
like generating web sites on daedalus is out of the question but that
generation could happen on moof.apache.org (apache's maxOS X box) and then
be rsync'd across (or something like that).

- robert

Re: [ann] db-commons open for business

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 21:14, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> I've updated the main site. All I did was regenerate the site, the
> commons project.xml file was picked automatically and all the db-commons
> info is now present in the main site. No muss, no fuss.

I see I will need a little helper bean to sort the committers list and
remove dupes. I'll do that this weekend.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com