Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2017/02/01 00:14:23 UTC

Re: Release Signing

It does say so in the instructions, but I’ll reiterate: be sure to use your apache.org <http://apache.org/> email address for your key. People get spooked if they get a release that is not signed by someone who is not obviously an Apache committer.

Generally the release manager will either build the release on their own machine or download a build to their machine. Then they will sign it on their machine (where their private key is present). Lastly they will upload it (which happens by means of a “svn commit”).

At the same time they will make sure that their key is in KEYS, and if not they will edit KEYS and do another “svn commit”.

Julian

Re: Release Signing

Posted by Marc Spehlmann <sp...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for clearing that up.

We need to select a single release manager.

Re: Release Signing

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: Release Signing

Re: Release Signing

Posted by Marc Spehlmann <sp...@gmail.com>.
Oh that was one thing I was confused about was the number of signers
needed. I took it that all the release managers need to sign, and that
there are several release managers.

Each manager would need to their private key to the signing process,
something which could only be done by passing the tarball around to
people's private laptop. Obviously, that's not efficient.