Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2014/02/18 15:36:24 UTC

Review Board

Hi folks,

It's been two weeks since we got our Review Board set up. But it looks
like nobody is using it. Is this something we want to continue using?
Does someone want to draft some documentation for it? (Or just go
first and get the ball rolling?)

https://reviews.apache.org/groups/couchdb/

Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Review Board

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
We’d definitely switch away from Github if the situation changes.

B.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net>.
I've used it. It's fine, but GH is probably the lowest-friction option
for most developers.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Review Board

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
answering from my phone.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: Review Board

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Review Board

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Should we decommission our Review Board instance?

On 19 February 2014 14:49, Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de> wrote:
> On 19 February 2014 14:15, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 19 Feb 2014, at 13:51 , Garren Smith <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I agree with Robert here. Github integration is getting really good now
>> and its so easy to review a pull request with Github. I think we should
>> rather use github.
>>
>> +1
>>

> also +1 for github ... Humbedooh does magic things :)
>

>>  >

>> an account on Review Board in the first place, to see if it can help.

>> should use pull requests for intra-team work just like we already do for
>> requests from outside of the group with commit bits.

>> reviews.

>> to improve code quality. They are quick to create and quick to read. A
>> typical review takes less than 20 minutes.

> --
> Andy Wenk
> Hamburg - Germany
> RockIt!