Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2009/06/09 14:17:48 UTC

Moving rewriter to contrib

Hi,

I've added a new bundle in our whiteboard: the rewriter.
The rewriter bundle allows to rewrite the output from Sling. It is
possible to configure a pipeline (based on SAX events) which processes
the whole output.
This pipeline can be used for various use cases, like checking the links
in the content, adding stuff, using xslt to generate different output etc.

I'm planning to move this from the whiteboard to the contrib section.
If noone objects, I'll do this in the next days.

WDYT?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Moving rewriter to contrib

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've added a new bundle in our whiteboard: the rewriter.
> The rewriter bundle allows to rewrite the output from Sling. It is
> possible to configure a pipeline (based on SAX events) which processes
> the whole output.
> This pipeline can be used for various use cases, like checking the links
> in the content, adding stuff, using xslt to generate different output etc.
>
> I'm planning to move this from the whiteboard to the contrib section.
> If noone objects, I'll do this in the next days.
>
> WDYT?

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Regards
Felix

Re: Moving rewriter to contrib

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Carsten Ziegeler<cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...I'm planning to move this from the whiteboard to the contrib section.
>> If noone objects, I'll do this in the next days....
>
> In principle I'm all for it, but
>
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/whiteboard/rewriter/src/test
>
> returns a 404 ;-)
:)

> Can I haz tests? Or maybe a simple smoke-test-the-whole-thing test in
> launchpad/testing is easier?
I guess testing this in launchpad should be easier.

Regards
Carsten

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Carsten,

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Carsten Ziegeler<cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm planning to move this from the whiteboard to the contrib section.
> If noone objects, I'll do this in the next days....

In principle I'm all for it, but

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/whiteboard/rewriter/src/test

returns a 404 ;-)

Can I haz tests? Or maybe a simple smoke-test-the-whole-thing test in
launchpad/testing is easier?

-Bertrand

Re: Moving rewriter to contrib

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> 2009/6/9 Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>:
>> I've added a new bundle in our whiteboard: the rewriter.
>> The rewriter bundle allows to rewrite the output from Sling. It is
>> possible to configure a pipeline (based on SAX events) which processes
>> the whole output.
>> This pipeline can be used for various use cases, like checking the links
>> in the content, adding stuff, using xslt to generate different output etc.
>>
>> I'm planning to move this from the whiteboard to the contrib section.
>> If noone objects, I'll do this in the next days.
>
> Could it possibly be used to allow page decoration by configuration?
> Eg. add a header / footer to all pages at url /a/b/c?

Yes, pipelines are configured in the repository. You can configure as
many as you want. The configured pipelines are tried to be matched
against the current request. One criteria is the content type of the
page, another one is the path (maybe we need to extend this for other
use cases).
So you can configure an own pipeline for all pages at /a/b/c which adds
header and footer through a transformer. This should be fairly easy.

Regards
Carsten

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.