Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2006/09/18 16:35:46 UTC

Re: Versions

: Date: Fri, 04 Jan 1980 10:49:34 +0100
: Subject: Versions

1) you should fix your clock.

2) ...

:     I've been looking through the documentation in the official
: web-site, and the Javadoc belongs to v2.1, that I could not find
: anywhere, anyone has a clue about where to find it or when will it be
: officially released?

the javadocs on the website are for the current HEAD of in the source
control repository ... they represent the hypothetical 2.1 release if it
were released *now*.  There is no current plan for if/when 2.1 will be
released.

-Hoss

Re: Versions

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I have downloaded the last nightly build. I was looking for an
: interesting method I found in the javadoc (Explanation.getSummary()) but
: I found nothing similar, only getDescription() and getDetails(), which
: were already present in v2.0. Is this method still to be added? Or has
: it been discarded?

it's in the trunk (hence it's in the online javadocs) .... i see no reason
why it would be discarded, but there is also nothing very special about
it...

  protected String getSummary() {
    return getValue() + " = " + getDescription();
  }

...it was only added to Explanation so subclasses (like
ComplexExplanation) could be written without needing to cut/paste a lot of
code to make the toString and toHtml methods work right.

-Hoss

Re: Versions

Posted by Luis Rodrigo Aguado <lr...@isoco.com>.
Thanks a lot!!!

I have downloaded the last nightly build. I was looking for an
interesting method I found in the javadoc (Explanation.getSummary()) but
I found nothing similar, only getDescription() and getDetails(), which
were already present in v2.0. Is this method still to be added? Or has
it been discarded?

Thanks in advance,

Luis.

Re: Versions