Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Simon Spielmann <sp...@ipsi.fhg.de> on 2003/01/24 15:30:33 UTC

Re: Accessing a webservice from a webservice using SOAP (SOLVED)

Simon Spielmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement a webservice using Apache SOAP. This webservice
> has to contact another service via SOAP. But if the 1st service contains
> reference to the class SOAPException or BeanSerializer or contains the
> line call.setParams(null), the service stops working. An error in
> org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage is returned.
> Interesting is that the references to above classes are in a method
> which is never called! The server itself does not throw any exception.
>
> I would be grateful for any help regarding my problem!

I found a solution for my problem:
The error occured because soap.jar wasn't in the classpath of the servlet.
I had to copy soap.jar servlet.jar mail.jar activiation.jar into the
common\endorsed folder of tomcat
 - now everything works.