Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by be...@marketing.net.uk on 2001/10/09 15:26:10 UTC

Multiple Servlets in Multiple Contexts

Hi

We have two servlets that we'd like to use in Tomcat 3.2 on different
ports.  I've read lots and lots of docs, but still can't find how to do it!
The logical way to set about doing this is to have two separate contexts,
each with a different set of ConnectionHandlers and thus different ports.
Having two <ContextManager> elements in the server.xml doesn't seem to be
the answer.

I'm sure this must be possible; can anyone help?

Cheers,
Ben.

Re: Multiple Servlets in Multiple Contexts

Posted by Kasper Nielsen <ne...@kav.dk>.
you are posting to wrong mailing list, you should look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html and  find the Tomcat user list

- Kasper

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Costin,
A word of caution.  If you do not receive the message back from the
list, then your replies will not be in the same thread!

Paul Spencer

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 23:26, benp@marketing.net.uk wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have two servlets that we'd like to use in Tomcat 3.2 on different
> ports.  I've read lots and lots of docs, but still can't find how to do it!
> The logical way to set about doing this is to have two separate contexts,
> each with a different set of ConnectionHandlers and thus different ports.
> Having two <ContextManager> elements in the server.xml doesn't seem to be
> the answer.
>
> I'm sure this must be possible; can anyone help?

Not here - this is general mailing list. As on tomcat-user

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Multiple Servlets in Multiple Contexts

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The best place to post a question like this is the Tomcat USER list.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

benp@marketing.net.uk wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have two servlets that we'd like to use in Tomcat 3.2 on different
> ports.  I've read lots and lots of docs, but still can't find how to do it!
> The logical way to set about doing this is to have two separate contexts,
> each with a different set of ConnectionHandlers and thus different ports.
> Having two <ContextManager> elements in the server.xml doesn't seem to be
> the answer.
>
> I'm sure this must be possible; can anyone help?
>
> Cheers,
> Ben.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/struts/

Re: Multiple Servlets in Multiple Contexts

Posted by Matt Egyhazy <mw...@virginia.edu>.
you could just have two tomcat instances running on two different ports,
unless the servlets have to share sessions...i am not totally sure what
functionality you require though.

matt