Posted to users@felix.apache.org by dawg <zo...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 16:58:35 UTC

Axis2 for OSGi for Creating Web Service Interface

Hi,

My first question is whether Axis2 is already support in Apache Felix. If
so, my a bit more complex question is if it is even possible to do the
following in OSGi with axis2. What I'd like to do is dynamically register
web service interfaces for services that are loaded in OSGi. To be more
specific, I'd like to create a web service interface for each UPNP device
that is discovered and registered by the UPNP bundle. Is it even possible?
is it the right way to do it?

Looking forward to your feedback!

Re: Axis2 for OSGi for Creating Web Service Interface

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,
Sometimes ago I have  tested  Axis2 with Eclipse Equinox successfully
, so it's should support to Felix too , WSO2's Carbon [4] is a OSGI
based  great SOA platform that use AXIS2 as it's web service engine .
So if you are familiar with Axis2 you can try out for following links
. For any issue you may write to Axis2 user list . Hope this will help
out ..

[1] - http://www.dynamicjava.org/posts/running-axis2-in-osgi
[2]-  http://samindaa.blogspot.com/2008/07/light-weight-osgi-based-axis2-powered.html
[3]-  http://samindaa.blogspot.com/2008/06/new-look-to-apache-axis2-with-osgi.html
[4] - https://wso2.org/library/articles/getting-started-wso2-carbon

Thanks ,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM, dawg <zo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks David. Sounds interesting, I'm not familiar with CXF, so I'll have a
> look.

Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web - http://sagaras.awardspace.com/

Re: Axis2 for OSGi for Creating Web Service Interface

Posted by dawg <zo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think that much of what you're looking for is available in the
Apache CXF implementation of Distributed OSGi
(http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi.html).
It dynamically exposes and creates a WSDL for OSGi services that are
registered with RFC 119 properties. See here for an example:
http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi-greeter-demo-walkthrough.html

Hope this helps,

David

Posted by da...@apache.org.