Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ian Piper <ia...@mac.com> on 2005/08/16 15:19:21 UTC

Good basic walk-through needed

Can anyone point me at a good working walk-through of Web Services
using Axis (1.1 or 1.2)?

Tutorials that I have found on the web so far are old (examples using
features from the beta version of Axis, for instance) and even the
first tutorial in the Axis User Guide does not work. The URL http://
soapinterop.org used in example 1 in the operation name is not a
working url and there is a minor typo in the same line:

call.setOperationName(new QName("http://soapinterop.org/",
echoString")); //leading " missing

Any pointers to up-to-date worked (and working) examples would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian.
--
Dr Ian M Piper
ianpiper@mac.com

Re: Good basic walk-through needed

Posted by Suresh KC <kc...@gmail.com>.
there are couple of examples that are bundled with your axis distro.
if you want a website
google "OnJava Web Services"

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/06/05/axis.html