Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Meinl <st...@meinl-concepts.de> on 2003/03/22 00:58:00 UTC

OpenOffice Flat-XML and XIndice

Hi folks,
I am working on an CMS with OpenOfficeWriter and Xindice. I am using the
FlatXML-Filter of OpenOffice to produce raw XML which I wanted to store
in Xindice and retrieve it with Cocoon. Everthing seemed to work fine
until I tried to retrieve such a document via Cocoon. (Retrieval from a
JAVA-program works fine.) When I type something like
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/xmldb/xaps/test.xml I get a loud complaint
from the browser saying that only the XML-Declaration was given back and
the root element is missing.
I tried the same with parts of the document (i.e. settings.xml or
content.xml) which worked fine even with Cocoon. Only if I try to get
the whole thing it doesn't work.
Testing with Alexander Schatten's "XIndice-Browser" also works.
There is nothing special with that document - does anyone have an idea
what went wrong in Cocoon?

Environment is: Cocoon 2.0.4, Tomcat 4.1.18, WinXP Prof., Xindice 1.0
Stacktrace in Tomcat log says:
2003-03-21 23:38:25 StandardWrapperValve[Cocoon2]: Servlet.service() for
servlet Cocoon2 threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade.reset(CoyoteResponseFacad
e.java:251)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1115)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:247

I am not that experienced with JAVA to say whether this message is the
reason. Can anyone help?
Thanks a lot,
Stephan

AW: OpenOffice Flat-XML and XIndice

Posted by Stephan Meinl <st...@meinl-concepts.de>.
Sorry for posting the question to the wrong list. Should have gone to
xindice-users.
Anyway, the answer is:
class org.apache.xindice.xml.sax.SAXEventGenerator contains a limitation
for the number of namespaces in XMLNS_MAP_INCREMENT = 5
If this is changed to 20 then even an OpenOffice Flat-XML Document can
be read from xindice.

Posted by Stephan Meinl <st...@meinl-concepts.de>.
Hi,