Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Purvesh Vora <pu...@patni.com> on 2002/07/12 16:43:14 UTC

Urgent help needed.

Hi I am trying to print a pdf which has around 20-50 pages.
Each page has one image which is large and is scaled down by fop.
Once the server is restarted it works fine for some time..(can print pdf
containing 5-10 pages )
After that its performance degrages... It takes more and more time to print
the pdf..
I am using fop .2 and enhydra is application server.

Thanks & Regards
Purvesh Vora

Re: Urgent help needed.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Purvesh Vora wrote:
> Hi J.Pietschmann,
> First of all thanks for the response.
> Please tell me if there is any way to scale down the graphic using java if
> you know.

The most common way is to use one of the zillions
shareware image processing programs in batch mode.
I personally use still netpbm (seems to have a
follow-on on sourceforge now).

J.Pietschmann

RE: Urgent help needed.

Posted by Purvesh Vora <pu...@patni.com>.
Hi J.Pietschmann,
First of all thanks for the response.
Please tell me if there is any way to scale down the graphic using java if
you know.
Thanks & regards,
Purvesh Vora
> Hi I am trying to print a pdf which has around 20-50 pages.
> Each page has one image which is large and is scaled down by fop.
> Once the server is restarted it works fine for some time..(can print pdf
> containing 5-10 pages )
> After that its performance degrages... It takes more and more time to
print
> the pdf..
> I am using fop .2 and enhydra is application server.

FOP caches the images, and they usually take a lot of memory.
It could help to scale down the images before they are fed to
FOP. In some cases, as for JPEGs, other methods to reduce the
image file size work too, like using a higher compression.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Urgent help needed.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.