Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Bob Hanson <mn...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/27 17:15:48 UTC

log4net 1.2.9

I tried searching for this topic but found no matches.

I recently put my current project into pseudo-production. i.e. It's IN it's
just not being used yet. :)

Then Spring.NET came out with the 1.0 release right after I released. I want
to re-release with the latest version of Spring.NET since it's the official
release. However it is using log4net 1.2.9 and I think I'm experiencing a
build problem between iBatis (SVN 179390) and Spring.

Should/can I re-build SVN179390 with log4net 1.2.9 or should/can I do it
with a different SVN version?

Thanks,
Bob

Re: log4net 1.2.9

Posted by Bob Hanson <mn...@gmail.com>.
That's fine but if the ibatis site isn't going to provide easy links to
regular SVN builds I definitely don't want to keep re-building for my own
production builds. That's not meant as a criticism of the site. It's just
the reality of juggling iBatis builds with your own production builds. I
assume that a linked build is at least considered "stable enough to use".

RE: log4net 1.2.9

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.
A good starting point would be if someone who is knowledgable with the
Logging Block could make a .zip file that shows a basic MS Logging
Block setup. For example if I were doing something for log4net the five
important peices would be:

1)
log4net.dll

2)
log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch(
 new System.IO.FileInfo(
 AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.ApplicationBase +
 "log4net.config"));

3)
<log4net>
 <appender name="FileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
  <file value="log.txt" />
  <layout type="log4net.Layout.SimpleLayout" />
 </appender>
 <root>
  <level value="ALL" />
  <appender-ref ref="FileAppender" />
 </root>
</log4net>

4)
private readonly static ILog log =
 LogManager.GetLogger(
 System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType);

5)
log.Debug("Hello World");

http://tinyurl.com/dh4f5
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ibatis/trunk/cs/mapper/IBatisNet.Common/Logging/ILoggerFactoryAdapter.cs