Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roger Pack <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/21 17:40:54 UTC

Destroying process.. seems to fail in windows?

Currently when I ctrl+c during a "mvn test" in windows, it displays

Destroying 1 processes
Destroying process..
Destroyed 1 processes

however the process seems to still be alive.
Thoughts?
Thanks!
-=r

Re: Destroying process.. seems to fail in windows?

Posted by Roger Pack <ro...@gmail.com>.
2009/5/21 Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>:

> can you display your pom.xml to determine which processes are being spawned/exec'ed
>
> Martin

Absolutely.  If I have any unit test in this module that just sleeps
ex:
Thread.sleep(100000);
and I just hit ctrl-c, it leaves an orphaned process behind.
Thanks!
-=r

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.familysearch.digitalarchive</groupId>
  <artifactId>utilities</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>DAS Utilities</name>
  <parent>
    <groupId>org.familysearch.digitalarchive</groupId>
    <artifactId>digitalarchive</artifactId>
    <version>1.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>4.4</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
      <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
      <version>1.4</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.14</version>
    </dependency>

    <!-- Testing dependencies -->
    <dependency>
      <groupId>tyrex</groupId>
      <artifactId>tyrex</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.3</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.transaction</groupId>
      <artifactId>jta</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.1B</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

  </dependencies>
</project>

RE: Destroying process.. seems to fail in windows?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Roger Pack <ro...@gmail.com>.
> Currently when I ctrl+c during a "mvn test" in windows, it displays
>
> Destroying 1 processes
> Destroying process..
> Destroyed 1 processes
>
> however the process seems to still be alive.

Guess I'll just report this as a bug for now.
Thanks!
-=r