Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/08 16:29:05 UTC

Order of properties resolution within POM and inheritance

Hi everyone,

I just got surprised by the way Maven resolves properties between parent,
profiles and current pom.

I made an example project to illustrate that (one parent pom, one child) :
https://gist.github.com/667731
With this example project, from the child project, I get the following :

mvn validate => myproperty = child
mvn validate -Pmyprofile => myproperty = child

I would rather expect using the second command to get myproperty =
myprofile. But anyway, if this is how it works...

Vincent