Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Zsolt <zk...@intland.com> on 2006/09/04 14:37:21 UTC

How to compare with the previous version.

Hi,

I use svn diff from an application. Unfortunately only the current revision
number is available (for example 8). How do I have to use svn diff to
compare the current version (for example 8) to the previously committed
version (that might be 7 or 6 etc.).

Can you help me.

Zsolt

Re: How to compare with the previous version.

Posted by Peter Werner <l....@vasas.no-ip.org>.
svn diff -r PREV:HEAD

  WP

Re: How to compare with the previous version.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/4/06, Ryan Schmidt <ry...@ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2006, at 16:37, Zsolt wrote:
>
> > I use svn diff from an application. Unfortunately only the current
> > revision
> > number is available (for example 8). How do I have to use svn diff to
> > compare the current version (for example 8) to the previously
> > committed
> > version (that might be 7 or 6 etc.).
>
> You can use something like "svn log --limit 2" to determine the
> previous revision number.

Or in a working copy you can just do:

svn diff -r BASE:PREV file

That won't work with a URL though.

-garrett

Re: How to compare with the previous version.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <ry...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Jacob Atzen <ja...@jacobatzen.dk>.
On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 04:37:21PM +0200, Zsolt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use svn diff from an application. Unfortunately only the current revision
> number is available (for example 8). How do I have to use svn diff to
> compare the current version (for example 8) to the previously committed
> version (that might be 7 or 6 etc.).

For differences between revision 6 and 8 of foo.c do:

        svn diff -r 6:8 foo.c

--
Cheers,
- Jacob Atzen