Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by neo09 <mo...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/17 05:41:34 UTC

how to use Apache ignite as backend layer for computation/aggregation of a reporting webapplication

We have a reporting web application which does the reporting
calculation/aggregation in its own JVM thus report generation is slow in
terms of performance . Reporting application is already using cache(in house
cache mechanism) data for aggregation .
We are trying to move the existing aggregation layer to Apache ignite to
speed up the application and we are trying to find out the following answers
in terms of apache ignite integration with existing web application .

1> How do we send our existing cache data to ignite cluster (application JVM
in one server and ignite JVM/node/processes in other remote servers)and have
the calculation logic running in the cluster node and finally retrieve back
result from cluster JVM to application JVM for further processing ?

2> is ignite code invocation simple API call which can be designed as ignite
service layer and we can use that customized service layer as part of our
existing reporting application with in the existing JVM ?

would appreciate kind responses !!

Re: how to use Apache ignite as backend layer for computation/aggregation of a reporting webapplication

Posted by ezhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

answered you on SO:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45136355/how-to-use-apache-ignite-as-backend-layer-for-computation-aggregation-of-a-repor/45141951#45141951

lets continue there if you have any questions

Evgenii