Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by handleyj <ha...@cloud9.net> on 2002/11/08 02:28:21 UTC

[DBCP] Documentation Bug....?

Hello,

I am a total newbie at Java in general, but I do think I discovered a
bug in the "Overview" section of the API docs for DBCP.  In both example
code blocks, this line appears:

DriverManagerConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
DriverConnectionFactory("jdbc:some:connect:string",null);

(Note the "new" class name does not match the declared type at the
beginning of the line.)

Tomcat 4 barfs up an error on this line:

java:59: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor DriverConnectionFactory (java.lang.String,)
location: class org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory

However changing the code to be like this works:

DriverManagerConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
DriverManagerConnectionFactory("jdbc:some:connect:string",null);

Note that the class name after the " = new" matches the declaration at
the front of the line.

If I've made a mistake here, I'd appreciate knowing.  Thank you!

-joe