Posted to users@camel.apache.org by cannykanna <ca...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 11:05:49 UTC

Which Component of camel is used for subscriptions or polling?

I am working on camel 2.11.0. I was able to do routing using cxf component
and perform CRUD operations in my endpoint application. Now how do I do
polling or which component is used for this in camel.
Subscription or polling: In concurrent intervals of time, whatever updates
or changes happen in my endpoint application, we need to retrieve this
information. This is called polling or subscription.

Thanks
Kannaiah

Posted by Christoph Emmersberger <ce...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Kannaiah,

sorry for the late reply, ... are you still having any issues?

One of the good examples getting started can be found within the TestCases where a File is being polled. However, you should be able to adjust the example for triggering your CXF client.

        PollingConsumer consumer = context.getEndpoint(${YOUR_CONSUMER_ROUTE}).createPollingConsumer();
        consumer.start();
        Exchange exchange = consumer.receive(5000);

Hope this might help, ...

- Christoph

Posted by cannykanna <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Christopher. Will look into the doc. If there are any requires, i
will let U know..!!

Regards,
Kannaiah

Posted by Christoph Emmersberger <ce...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Kannaiah

I assume that you want to poll based upon different timer events.

Have a look at the documentation of a PollingConsumer: http://camel.apache.org/polling-consumer.html

You probably would like to end up with something similar like:

from("timer://foo?period=5000").bean(cool, "someBusinessLogic");

- Christoph