Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2010/10/31 14:02:51 UTC

TimeOfDay problem with DTS

Hi,

Locally org.apache.wicket.util.time.TimeOfDayTest.test() fails today due to
Daylight Time Savings change last night.
Is this a bug in TimeOfDay that we care about ?
Setting the default time zone to one without DTS (e.g. 'GMT') makes the test
pass.

martin-g

Re: TimeOfDay problem with DTS

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Where are you that DST changed last night?  Ours (EDT timezone)
>> doesn't change until next Sunday at 2:00 AM.  At least that's what the
>> time settings dialog in Windows 7 says.
>>
> Europe.

Figures.  I don't know why everyone doesn't just do this stuff the
same way.  Better yet, don't do it at all. :)  Darn that Benjamin
Franklin!

Re: TimeOfDay problem with DTS

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>wrote:

> I'll set GMT as default for this test then.

It seems it will stay for another 6 months as it is now :-)
Setting GMT as default helps only if I run the test alone (mvn -Dtest=...)
but it still fails when ran within the group ...
Since it is not something important I'll not spend more time on it.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.