Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch> on 2005/04/12 17:35:04 UTC

form-encoding

Hi List

There are quite a lot of encoding information in WEB-INF/web.xml files. I
noticed that I had to uncomment the following entries:

    <!--
    <init-param>
      <param-name>form-encoding</param-name>
      <param-value>utf-8</param-value>
    </init-param>
    -->

otherwise i get problems with "umlaute" if i edit the page wihtin the
source editor.  What is the reason that this entry is commented?

Jann

Re: form-encoding

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jann Forrer wrote:
> Hi List
>
> There are quite a lot of encoding information in WEB-INF/web.xml files. I
> noticed that I had to uncomment the following entries:
>
>     <!--
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>form-encoding</param-name>
>       <param-value>utf-8</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     -->
>
> otherwise i get problems with "umlaute" if i edit the page wihtin the
> source editor.  What is the reason that this entry is commented?

the cocoon default is to comment it out in version up to 2.1.7, which
makes it iso-8859-1. using iso-8859-1 is a i18n bug.

the lenya build process takes care of setting it to utf-8. the current
svn versions of lenya 1.2x and trunk require cocoon 2.1.7.

hope this helps,

-gregor