Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Sachintha Karunaratne <Sa...@smartmatter.com> on 2016/05/19 02:27:00 UTC

Realtime writes to HBase using Phoenix via C++

Hi,
I am a Data Scientist working for a startup. I am currently investigating the options for migrating our current RDBMS (ctree-ACE) to HBase due to scalability issues we are having. To make the process seamless I am considering Phoenix to provide the SQL layer to interact with HBase. I've managed to use Sqoop to import the existing data to HBase but need to figure out some other missing pieces
in order to design a complete solution.

So few questions:
1. Is phoenix intended to support real time writes to HBase? (Our applications implemented in C++ pump realtime data to ctree-ACE, therefore we need to be able to write in real time for whatever solution we end up using)
2. I realize that Phoenix only provides a JDBC driver. Since our applications are written in C++, we need
an ODBC driver. Has anyone used a JDBC-ODBC bridge for phoenix (http://odbcjdbc.sourceforge.net/)? Alternatively, I would appreciate if someone could provide some alternative workarounds.

Regards,
Sachintha.