Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jeff Ferland <jb...@tubularlabs.com> on 2015/04/24 22:23:51 UTC

Confirming Repairs

The short answer is I used a logstash query to get a list of all repair
ranges started and all ranges completed. I then matched the UUID of the
start message to the end message and printed out all the ranges that didn't
succeed. Then one needs to go a step further than I've coded and match the
remaining ranges to at least one node in the ring that would hold a replica
for the keyspace.

Does anybody have a better way to handle this yet? Will the 3.0 series
logging of repairs to the system keyspace be able to give me this same kind
of confirmation that everything in a given keyspace was last repaired as of
$DATE, or that to repair everything as of $DATE I must repair ranges $X?

https://gist.github.com/autocracy/9467eaaff581ff24334c

Re: Confirming Repairs

Posted by Yuki Morishita <mo...@gmail.com>.
In 3.0, we have system table that stores repair history.
So you can just use CQL to check when given ks/cf is repaired.

--
Yuki Morishita
 t:yukim (http://twitter.com/yukim)