Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "David M. Johnson" <sn...@yahoo.com> on 2000/10/17 23:07:49 UTC

Catalina diagrams

I've created a couple of UML diagrams of the (m2) Catalina
architecture, just for edutainment purposes. In hopes that
somebody else might find them useful or, better yet might
tell me how to make them better, I've put the diagrams up
on the web. The diagrams are at:

http://relayirc.sourceforge.net/catalina/

The Visio 2000 file from which these diagrams were generated is here:

http://relayirc.sourceforge.net/catalina/catalina-analysis.vsd

You can consider these diagrams and the Visio file public domain.

- Dave

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Catalina diagrams

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"David M. Johnson" wrote:

> I've created a couple of UML diagrams of the (m2) Catalina
> architecture, just for edutainment purposes. In hopes that
> somebody else might find them useful or, better yet might
> tell me how to make them better, I've put the diagrams up
> on the web. The diagrams are at:
>
> http://relayirc.sourceforge.net/catalina/
>
> The Visio 2000 file from which these diagrams were generated is here:
>
> http://relayirc.sourceforge.net/catalina/catalina-analysis.vsd
>
> You can consider these diagrams and the Visio file public domain.

Dave, these are beautiful!  I'm planning on snarfing them for the
Catalina developer documentation pages (with full credit, of course) ...

Only one small nit to pick.  On the "main" diagram, you've got
"core::StandardWrapper" listed twice.  The upper one should be "<<type>>
catalina::Wrapper" and should be red, consistent with Engine, Host, and
Context.

> - Dave

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat