Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Shawn Yarbrough <sh...@heavy.ai> on 2022/08/24 17:56:01 UTC

SqlScopedShuttle basic usage

Hi,

Why does SqlScopedShuttle only have a constructor taking a
SqlValidatorScope when the SqlValidator used by PlannerImpl.validate() that
could conceivably provide such a scope, is private?

When I search for SqlScopedShuttle examples (or DeepCopier examples),
there's not much out there, so maybe SqlScopedShuttle isn't the correct
approach? For context, my goal is for Calcite to produce a flat list of all
fully-qualified table names, and another flat list of all fully-qualified
column names, used by a complex SQL query.

Shawn Yarbrough

Re: SqlScopedShuttle basic usage

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Short answer is that it was developed for use by Calciteā€™s validator, not intended for third-party use.