Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by "abhigyan.sharma" <ab...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/14 14:14:14 UTC

flexible replication

By default each znode is replicated on all zookeper servers.

Is it possible to replicate a znode only at a subset of zookeeper servers?

Re: flexible replication

Posted by "abhigyan.sharma" <ab...@gmail.com>.
Our system has a policy of replicating each data-item/znode at 3 random
servers out of N servers. We wanted to use Zookeeper for consistency.
-Abhigyan

Re: flexible replication

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.
For scalability maybe? To me it sounds like a partitioning scheme.

-Flavio

Re: flexible replication

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.
No. Why do you want to do this?

Re: flexible replication

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
No. You can however define the set of servers which need to acknowledge an
update before it completes. Others will still get the update
asynchronously.
By default a majority needs to ack every update but you can change that
using Hierarchical quorums. For example you can give different servers'
acks different weights, and more.

Alex