Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2009/06/26 05:03:38 UTC

[CANCELED] [VOTE] Maven 2.2.0 (Third Attempt)

I really can't believe I'm doing this, but I upgraded plexus-utils to
get rid of a process leak and then re-rolled this staged
release...without remembering that we had a similar issue in
plexus-interpolation.

I need to reopen MNG-4219 and upgrade plexus-interpolation to handle
this problem, then I'll call yet another vote tomorrow as soon as this
is restaged. I wouldn't mess with it for this release, except this looks
like it could be the culprit that's causing Hudson + Maven + Windows to
blow up over time when under load, since Hudson tracks child processes
and it seems that Windows won't close a process unless its stderr stream
is read.

I'm upgrading this dependency now, and I'll start a new IT run that will
continue overnight. If that's clean, I'll re-spin the release and call a
new vote first thing tomorrow morning.

The next staged copy of Maven will be the final one for the 2.2.0
release, come hell or high water, I promise.

Sorry for the confusion.

-john

Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE] Maven 2.2.0 (Third Attempt)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Hey, you're doing great work pulling the quality of Maven releases
up... no need to apologise

-Stephen