Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by F vE <fv...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/03 18:02:29 UTC

[users@httpd] WARNING

I hate to do this, but I have tried numerous times to unsubscribe in the way
I am supposed to. Thus, everything I keep receiving from this list I now
regard as spam. If someone doesn't unsubscribe me, I am going to spam the
list.

fve59@hotmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] WARNING

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/3/06, Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com> wrote:
> At 09:02 AM 8/3/2006, you wrote:
> >I hate to do this, but I have tried numerous times to unsubscribe in
> >the way I am supposed to. Thus, everything I keep receiving from
> >this list I now regard as spam. If someone doesn't unsubscribe me, I
> >am going to spam the list.
> >
> >fve59@hotmail.com
>
> Yeah, that's smart moron. Don't bother to politely ask for help. I
> mean it would take too much brain power to say "Hi, I can't
> unsubscribe. Here's what I've tried, and here's what's happened.
> Could someone help me?"
>
> You've probably just guaranteed that if anyone else sees you on
> another list, they'll contact the moderator to unsubscribe you.
>
> I'm sure some people on here will also be quite happy to sign you up
> to get free iPods, xbox's, psp's, plasma screens, etc.
>
> Use common sense.

For what it's worth, my suspicion is that hotmail is eating the
unsubscribe confirmation requests.

But that does not in any way excuse rude and inconsiderate behavior
like this.  fve59 obviously was aware of the correct way to deal with
unsubscription problems (as noted on the list web page) since he
copied his message to users-owner.  But he still chose to be a jerk.

He has been unsubscribed and permanently banned from posting to the list.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] WARNING

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] WARNING

Posted by "Neil A. Hillard" <ne...@agustawestland.com>.
Hi,

Emmanuel E wrote:
> i think it would be worthwhile to provide a web interface to the
> subscribe/unsubscribe feature on the list like mailman.
>
> F vE: have you checked if the unsubscribe email is landing in your junk
> folder or something?
>
> F vE wrote:
>> I hate to do this, but I have tried numerous times to unsubscribe in
>> the way I am supposed to. Thus, everything I keep receiving from this
>> list I now regard as spam. If someone doesn't unsubscribe me, I am
>> going to spam the list.
>>
>> fve59@hotmail.com

Just two weeks ago I changed my e-mail address bye subscribing my new
one and then unsubscribing my old one.

I followed the instructions and didn't have any problems.

What exactly have you tried, what happened and what error (if any) did
you get?

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.

Re: [users@httpd] WARNING

Posted by Emmanuel E <em...@gmx.net>.